Sugar Cookies, Sweet!
Makes: 24 cookies Prep time: 10 min Baking time: 8 - 10 min
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Turn the mixer speed to low and blend in the dry ingredients just until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Using a teaspoon or small cookie scoop, drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.
- Spread any remaining dough into The Smart Cookie™ and store in the freezer for future use.
Smart Cookie Baking Tips
To avoid cookies falling apart when transferring from a baking sheet to a plate or wire rack, always wait at least 2 minutes for the cookies to cool down and harden slightly. After 2 minutes, transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack or serve immediately for a warm treat. Enjoy!