Mini Crab Cakes
Yield: 18 cakes
Prep time: 15 minutes
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp grainy Dijon mustard
1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
1 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ tsp salt
240g lump crab meat
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
- Drain the crab meat and pick through it for shells if necessary. Place in medium sized bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients. Pour over the crab meat and mix with a spoon.
- Once well mixed, add the breadcrumbs and parsley and mix again until all the breadcrumbs are incorporated.
- Spoon mixture into the bottom tray of the Smart Cookie (there will be enough mix to fill 1 and a half trays).
- If using the same day, chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before cooking (chilling will help bind the ingredients together so they are less likely to fall apart while frying). If you are saving for another day, store in the freezer.
- When ready to cook, heat the butter and oil over medium heat in a medium sized, non-stick frying pan. Using a fork to remove each cake from the Smart Cookie tray, place in pan and cook until golden brown (approximately 3 minutes per side).
- Serve with a wedge of lemon and sauce of your choice (try seafood or tartar sauce).