• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 6 Tablespoons butter (85g), softened
• ½ cup light brown sugar
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 ¼ cup large semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for the top
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
4. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Add 1 cup of the chocolate chips and beat slowly just until all the chips are incorporated.
6. Gently scoop dough into balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until the edges are golden. You can also fill one Smart Cookie tray with the dough to store in the freezer for later.
7. Remove from oven and place 1 chocolate chip onto the top of each cookie, point side up.
8. Add remaining chocolate chips (1/4 cup) to a microwave safe bowl and microwave, on low power, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
9. Just barely cut the corner off of a small plastic bag or piping bag (you want the hole to be very small to make your spider legs). Spoon the melted chocolate into the bag and use it to draw spider legs on the sides of the chocolate chips.
10. Serve and Enjoy!
*Source: Adapted from "Tastes Better From Scratch" https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/chocolate-chip-spider-cookies/