Not only is this One Pot Chili Pasta made from pantry ingredients so it can be made without a trip to the grocery store, but it is also really filling. This recipe can easily be made vegetarian, just omit the beef and use vegetable broth instead of beef broth.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 2 cups dried elbow pasta
- 2.5 cups beef broth
- 1 cup shredded marble cheddar cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot. Add the ground beef, garlic and the red pepper flakes. Saute until the meat is no longer pink inside.
- Add the flour and chili powder. Stir until all the meat is coated.
- Add the remaining ingredients up until the cheese. Stir the chili and bring to a boil. Then cover the pot with a lid and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook until the pasta is tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- Add the shredded cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in a Shape + Store freezer container. Make sure to fill each hex individually and store on a flat surface in the freezer to prevent the chili from leaking out.