Butternut Squash Thai Soup
Keep warm and healthy this winter with this delicious Thai inspired soup! Roasting the vegetables brings out their natural sweetness and adds depth of flavour.
- 1 small butternut squash (3 cups chopped, seeds removed)
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chopped vegetables (squash, shallots, sweet potato, carrots, garlic) on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast vegetables for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender.
- Place the roasted vegetables in a large pot. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup with a hand held or stand alone blender until smooth.
- Garnish with roasted chickpeas or fresh basil leaves (optional)