- 4 cups cooked chickpeas (from dried)
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 - 2 tablespoons lemon juice (as needed when blending)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture has a grainy texture. You will have to scrape the bowl several times in between pulses and maybe add some of the lemon juice to loosen the mixture.
3. Dump the mixture into the bottom of the Meatball Master tray or use a small scoop to make 32 individual balls. If the mixture is too crumbly to form into balls, add some chickpea flour or regular flour.
4. Place the balls on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or just until the falafels start to brown.
5. Serve with hummus, pita bread, tahini, lettuce, and onions.
Watch recipe video: https://youtu.be/wro3kO0SKZo