Try a spicier version of Fettuccine Carbonara. There are only 6 ingredients in this simple but satisfying meal, so no need to drive to a restaurant when all the ingredients are on hand.
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1.5 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 pound fettucine noodles (dry)
- Boil pasta until al dente, drain and rinse with hot water to avoid pasta sticking together. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water to thin out the sauce.
- In a heavy bottomed deep skillet fry bacon until crispy.
- Reduce heat, add red pepper flakes and minced garlic. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add pasta to pan and remove from heat.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs with grated parmesan.
- Slowly pour the eggs into the pan and stir to incorporate, adding reserved pasta water as needed to coat the pasta.
- Serve immediately.
- Save leftovers in Shape+Store freezer container.